Philippine Initiative for the Conservation of Environment and the People, Inc.
Our vision at a glance
PhilinCon's vision is to help building a future in Panay in which the Philippine people have the knowledge, capacity and will to use their resources wisely, conserve their unique biodiversity and promote a sustainable development.
To help protect and preserve the remaining rainforests and endangered species of the Philippines, particularly those located in Panay Island by endangered species and reforestation programs, capacity building, creation of alternative sources of income and assisting law enforcement.
Safeguarding survival of critically endangered species and their habitat by:
- in situ species protection programs.
- forest guarding schemes.
- air-gun surrendering programs.
- assistance of law enforcement.
- education and awareness campaigns.
Restoration of the deteriorated and deforested ecosystem by:
- reforestation programs.
- creating seed banks.
- agro-forestry initiatives.
Poverty Alleviation by:
- creating alternative sources of income.
- providing alternative agricultural techniques.
- assisting family planning
Download our PDF broshure about aims and scope of PhilinCon
Back to the top of the page
Philippine Initiative for Conservation of Envirinment and the People
Last amendment: 23 April 2012